Tuesday, June 9, 2009

City Lights vs. Beachy Nights

I've got a new place. Despite the bare feet and "Beach" decal you see in this picture, I've recently moved closer to the heart of LA. While I became quite attached to the "Circus Peanut"-colored walls and dirty carpets of my last apartment on McLaughlin Ave., I have changed addresses to something a bit cleaner and also a bit more metropolitan. I live in a high-rise building on Wilshire Blvd., which is a large contradiction from my dream lifestyle of living in a simple house on the beach. But nonetheless, my new apartment is nice, it has a pool and I LOVE the view! I did my best to patch together a panoramic photo of what I see from my bedroom window. Unfortunately It turns out really small on the blog, but it gives you an idea.


If you look really closely in the picture above, you can see the Los Angeles Temple on the right side. It is a glowing white spire in between two large buildings.

Here's what my side of the room looks like. I'm still waiting to nail some holes in the wall to hang the pictures and mirror, but I kinda like the way my things look combined behind the lamp. Like a mini collage of some of my favorite art, collected from my travels.

2 comments:

Lindsy Hartsock said...

How fun Parker! We loved living downtown in Chicago last summer, which kinda surprised me because I never thought I was a city girl. I love the view, beautiful!

elise said...

i love living at the beach, but living downtown in the city is fun too. and i like your collection of things of the book shelf.

lets get together sometime this summer!