Friday, October 30, 2009

Lovely.

Thanks, Amy, for this picture!

Bryn got married last weekend (see beautiful pictures here), which means I got to see a lot of wonderful friends, some of whom I haven't seen in over a year. I was talking to Rae Rae at the reception about friendship and life (we're very deep thinkers). I said, "friends just aren't the same after college." Her absolute and amazing inability to hide her emotions (a character trait that I LOVE) caused her face to look a little sad, and she replied with a sincere, "I'm still your friend." I looked at her with a half-frown and said, "No, I mean, you just don't make new friends the way you did in college." She looked relieved and said, "Ohhhh."

Thank goodness for the amazing women in my life.

3 comments:

Erica Crismon said...

i may or may not be crying right now, sad that i missed this and i miss you (and i got my hair cut today and i hate it). and i got your invitation in the mail. thanks for sending it. it's good to see you and brad every day now. love you parks!

elise said...

first of all, those pictures are beau-ti-ful! and as soon as i starting looking at them, i thought "oh my goodness!" i saw these two at the temple. they came out right before my aunt & uncle and i remember thinking what a cute couple they were.

Trent and Kim said...

I too wish I could have been there so badly. I want to see everyone and see Bryn on her big day! I agree with your friends statement, it will never be the same. I miss you everyone so much. Love you Parker!