Saturday, August 1, 2009

For the rest of my life...

...I get to kiss him!

After 27 months, six cities, three continents, hundreds of emails, countless hours of conversation, and lots of kisses, Bradford asked me to marry him and made me the happiest girl in the world! He proposed on a tree-lined street, next to the tree where we first said, "I love you." He gave me a perfect, beautiful speech and I soaked up every word of it... sweet, genuine, and true. Then he grabbed the ring from the car, got down on a knee, and asked me to marry him. I said YES, he stood up, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. After hugging and kissing for a time, he slipped the ring on and it fit perfectly. Once I had the ring on my finger and Bradford in my arms, I couldn't stop smiling, crying, saying 'I love you,' and giggling, because I couldn't believe it was actually happening!

Once we settled down, we went out to dinner and enjoyed two hours of delicious seafood, where no one else except our waiter knew the big news. It was our beautiful little secret for two hours.

I am so excited for the adventure, passion, and happiness that will now be a part of my life forever.


11 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! you look so happy and i love that!

Brendon said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for the both of you. You had to wait a long time...but now it is all worth it :)

Happy wedding planning!

Katie said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Lindsy Hartsock said...

YAY Parks! Congrats!! You guys are such a gorgeous couple. I can't wait to hear more about planning and see pictures...especially of the ring :) SO happy for you!

Kimberly said...

Catherine! Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!

Kristina said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

elise said...

YEESSSSSS!!!! I am SO happy for you!! :) Great story, great pictures!!!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations CP. I am very happy for you.

Scott and Heidi Family said...

So excited for you Cat! Isn't that an amazing feeling? Scott and I watched our wedding video a couple of nights ago for our anniversary (can you believe it's been 9 years?!) and it just brought us back to what an incredible time that is--to fall in love and commit to each other forever. Congrats!!

Tanya Parker Mills said...

What a wonderful description of the whole experience. It brought back a flood of memories of the night Michael asked me to be his forever. We are so very happy for both of you!

Rae said...

Hey Catherine! I know this is old news now but I just found your blog.
Hurray!!! Congrats! Loved the proposal story. Thanks for sharing!