Saturday, August 29, 2009

A HopeFUL Romantic


I used to say I was a hopeless romantic. Loved the idea of being in love. I still do love the idea of being in love. But hopeless is so sad. I was never a hopeless romantic, but a hopeful romantic. Full of hope that someday love would come. And it did! Several people helped me find it. Friends, family, books, songs, moments, and even random couples who will never know I saw the love they shared; all gave me advice, inspiration and knowledge. I tucked all that information away in both my heart and my mind. And when love came, I knew it was strong because my mind and my heart were in sync.

Often, when we think about finding love, we think about finding a person. And that once you meet a person, you know. But love isn't a person, love is so much more. It is a transcendent feeling that comes when two people, sharing their lives, have mirroring images of the world.

Everyone views the world differently. To find someone that sees it the same way you do, makes the journey of life easier.

"A burden shared is half the burden. A joy shared is twice the joy."

Discovering that you're sharing your life with someone that shares your vision of the world is beautiful. Amazing.

I love you.

No comments: