Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies..."


-Regina Spektor

To be able to see the world through different lenses, think crazy thoughts and then package it in such a beautiful way that the public just can't get enough of it.  That is the gift of a wonderful artist.  Who would have thought that Picasso's cubism would inspire so many people to look at art and the world and people in a different way?  And Bob Dylan: without such creative lyrics and soulful melodies, Dylan's words would have influenced a tiny fraction of the world that they did when accompanied by harmonious guitar and harmonica.

Today I had the privilege of watching Regina Spektor perform live.  Ever since I fell in love with her song "Fidelity" in 2006, Regina's bold vocals and unique translation of thoughts into lyrics have really struck a chord with me (haha... punny!).  Here are a few videos I shot while watching her perform.  The first one, "Folding Chair" is my favorite, but unfortunately I only had enough memory card to shoot 20 seconds.  Listen to the full song here.  You won't regret it.

"Folding Chair"


And here is a live version of "Fidelity."

No comments: