Saturday, November 15, 2008

Things I love:

1. My family's Thanksgiving tradition of singing the Sound of Music with napkins on our heads:

2. My grandmother's new discovery of facebook.

Orin (my grandfather): Well, I think facebook's kinda funny.
Rita (my grandmother): Well, it's kinda nice. It's kinda like one-liners and you stay in touch with people.

My grandmother, Rita, is 82 years young. Because of both her and my mother I have never feared getting old. A few weeks ago she added me as a friend on Facebook. I laughed when I saw her name in my inbox, but really I wasn't surprised. Tonight I helped her add a picture and watched her as she wrote on my boyfriend's wall, complete with "Haha" and even signed "Love Rita". She navigated through the website with such ease and confidence that it put some much younger family members' computer skills to shame (hm, hm, Dianne Parker).

If any of you know Rita personally and have ever had the pleasure of meeting her, I'm sure she'd be thrilled if you added her as a friend.

4 comments:

Erica Crismon said...

i've still never met Rita but i want to be her friend on facebook so badly!

elise said...

rita is awesome. :) that is rad that your grandma is on facebook.

Jenna and Joe Layne said...

HI!!! I'm so glad to see you have a new blog!!! about cheer ...yes you KNOW I loved it!! remember the day I did a somersault during tumbling and I knocked the wind out of myself! ha! Joe Laughs every time I tell that story... so what, I forgot I could do a cartwheel and the somersault didn't work out for me.. FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

Lauren said...

I might have to make a facebook account just so that I can have Rita as a friend..she sounds amazing and totally inspiring! I can totally see where you get it from...you have good genes.