Monday, November 3, 2008

The Last 6 Months...


What started as a personal desire to organize my favorite websites into one place for a more efficient web surfing experience has now become my journal, the kind that anyone in the world can read.

So first a 6-month update in 7 sentences: After a life-changing 4 months in the Middle East, I returned to Redondo Beach, CA and set up shop with Jeff and Dianne (my parents). Just in time for the warm summer months I spent much of May and June riding beach cruisers, playing volleyball at sunset and, oh yeah, scouring the internet for a job in my major, Advertising. While Jerusalem made me wish I had studied Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies in college, I was fully equipped for a job in advertising so I decided to go for it. I wanted the best, a big agency with a strong reputation, and I got it: TBWA\Chiat\Day in Playa Del Rey, CA.

Owners of the Apple account (yes, they produced the famed 1984 commercial) and other big names like Nissan, Infiniti, Visa and Energizer, I was excited just to get an interview and then I found out I would be interviewing for the newly acquired Gatorade account--I was thrilled. The last 3.5 months at Chiat have been filled with lots of learning, patience, free dinners, late nights (my record is 2:30AM), talented people and even a trip to New York. I am definitely never threatened by boredom and just can't wait until January when our 09 campaign will finally begin.

7 comments:

Katie M said...

catherine has a blog, catherine has a blog, catherine has a blaaaaugh!! lalalalala.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Parker!!! I am so glad you started another blog! I didn't realize you got that amazing job. Congrats!! I can't wait to keep up with you on your blog. Love you.

elise said...

:)

Renee Cristina said...

I love the pics :) xoxoxox

MaryClaire Brown said...

so, what's up with not telling me you started a new blog. ha...i found you anyway. love you sista!

Lauren said...

so happy to have you back!! i love that you're in sunny cali with the sweetest job ever! hope all is well.

Tanya Parker Mills said...

Great blog, Catherine. I'll certainly bookmark it. In the meantime, check out my new blog at http://tpmills.wordpress.com and let me know what you think. It's a way for me to write about ALL my interests.

Who's the hottie in the picture with you? Hmm?