Thursday, November 12, 2009

CHI-City

Oh, to be a tourist...

Good times to be had in CHI-city! It was oddly nice to have a reason to wear a hat and leggings again. I created a playlist, started walking, and saw Chicago... Magnificent Mile, Tribune Building, Millennium Park, Bean statue, Art Institute lobby, Giordano's, a little shopping, Gibson's steakhouse, and a great view of Navy Pier from my hotel.

One day is not enough time to spend in Chicago, especially when the sun starts fading at 4:30PM. One day, however, is enough time to make a judgment that CHI-town's a pretty fun city!

A really quick review of Gibson's... a crowded, classic Chicago steakhouse with huge portions, loud people, a piano player in the lobby, and a take on Hula Pie that's about four times the size of Duke's version. Oh, and realllyyy good lobster.

Below are a few too many photos...

Posing with Mr. and Mrs. American Gothic on Michigan Ave.

A river runs through it. I would love to take the River boat Architecture tour someday--this was another disadvantage of my visiting the city post-daylight savings time switch. Last boat leaves at 2PM!

The "bean" statue! This looks so odd from far away, but it creates the coolest images of the Chicago city skyline.

This one's my favorite. I look like I'm in a bubble.

Fall colors in Millennium Park

Shopping on Michigan Ave. (aka the Maaaagnificent Miiile!!!) Does anyone else think of Oprah every time they here this??

And....I'm getting married in 12 days!! I'm a weeeeeeeee bit excited.

4 comments:

Lindsy Hartsock said...

So glad you had fun. I love that last picture of you. You are such a gorgeous person, inside and out. I'm super excited for you to get married too! I hope everything goes well. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!!

Kristina said...

I bet you are so excited about the wedding! Congrats!

It looks like you covered Chicago really well for only having one day! Nice job! If you ever plan to go back, I would recommend going in the summer. There is so much going on!

elise said...

yeah!! isn't chicago such a fun, fun city?! i totally want to go back and do more exploring. i love the river. fun pictures with the bean. i could have played there for hours.

Margot said...

how fun! that bubble is so cool! i am so excited for your wedding. you will be such a beautiful bride <3