Friday, March 6, 2009

Laker Love


I'm pretty sure I was under 12 years old the last time I attended a Laker game.  I remember being at the Forum in Inglewood.  Shaq had just been traded to LA and I touched his arm as he walked to the locker room.  I thought that was the coolest thing in the world.  Two weeks ago Friday, I was lucky enough to attend a Laker game at the Staples Center with tickets I got through work. And it was a great one to be at. Clutch Derek Fisher hit a 3-point shot to send the game into overtime and then Chris Paul fouled out of the game, pretty much sealing it up for the Lakers.  

I love LA!

Some sporting events are better to watch on TV. If you really care about following every play and tracking every stat, it is easier to do that on TV with instant replay and pretty stat charts popping up all the time. But if you want to experience the energy of the arena, being there live is the way to go. Here's a video that shows the energy of the Staples Center when CP3 fouled out and the Lakers were a minute and a half away from victory.


1 comment:

Catherine Parker said...

I really don't feel this way. My true love is actually the Clippers, the only team in LA with heart and less than four criminal convictions. Sorry to post something like this, everybody, but those of you who really know me know how long and unwavering my passion is for the greatest of teams, the LA Clippers. The only thing I love more than the Clippers is my wonderful boyfriend Bradford. He is so great. I wish I could turn myself into a giant Junior Mint.